Metal Uptake by Plants from Soil Contaminated by Thin-Film Solar Panel Material
Variousmetals, including zinc (Zn), nickel (Ni), aluminum (Al), chromium (Cr), gallium(Ga), lead (Pb), copper (Cu) and indium (In), may be released and cause contamination when scrapped end-of-life (EoL)Cu(InGa)Se2 thin-filmsolar panel (CIGSTFSP) is buried in the soil. In this study, we grew Brassicaparachinensis L. H. Bariley (VegBrassica) in three different types of soils, namely, a commercial soil, a Mollisol, and an Oxisol, which had been contaminated by CIGS TFSP to various extents. The concentrations of contaminants inthese soils were positively correlated with both the amount of CIGS TFSP addedand the burial period. Plants grew well in commercial soil and Mollisol, but thosein Oxisol showed prominent signs of chlorosis and died after30 days. The bioaccumulationfactor (BF) and concentration of Zn in VegBrassica grownin commercial soil with 10% of CIGS TFSP added were 3.61 and 296 mg/kg,respectively, whilethe BF and concentration of In of VegBrassica grownin Mollisol were 3.80 and......
【作者名称】: Lingcheng Su
, Jiajun Chen
, Huada Daniel Ruan
, Deborah Jayne Ballantine
, Chiuhong Lee
【关 键 词】: Bioaccumulation
【上篇论文】: 外军国防科技报告 - An Appraisal of Electoral Malpractice and Violence as an Albatross in Nigerian’s Democratic Consolidation
【下篇论文】: 外军国防科技报告 - Institutional Determinants to Climate Variability Adaptation by Smallholder Irish Potato Farmers in Rubanda District, South Western Uganda
- Evaluating the Accuracy of Valuation Multiples on Indian Firms Using Regularization Techniques of Penalized Regression
This research study is conducted on companies in threeprominent sectors: Automobile, Banking and Steel—all threediverse and affected by different economic, fiscal and financial policies. Theauthor Gup [Valuations,Prediction,Earnings,Book Value,Enterprise Value,Ridge,Lasso,Elastic Net]......
- Cloning and Expression Analysis of TTG1 Gene Related to Rosa rugosa Trichomes Formation
The TTG1 transcription factor plays an important role in the formation of plant trichomes. Based on the R. rugosa transcriptome data, this study cloned a R. rugosa TTG1 gene, named RrTTG1, and carried [<,i>,R. rugosa<,/i>,Trichome,<,i>,RrTTG<,/i>,1,Gene Expression]......
- The Effect of Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 Infection on Low Birth Weight, Mother to Child HIV Transmission and Infants’ Death in African Area
Background: It is yet a controversy subject whether low birth weight and infantdeath are associated to human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection. Objective: To appreciate association between low birth [Low Birth Weight,Human Immunodeficiency Virus,Infection,Mother to Child Transmission,Newborn Death,Mali]......
- Homer’s Feasibility Analysis of a Hybrid System with a Grid Connection Option for the Mauritanian Northern Coast
On Mauritania’s northern coast, wind and solar resources are abundant and must be used effectively. These resources have the potential to completely or partially replace the existing or projected dies [Homer,Feasibility Analysis,Hybrid System,Wind,Solar,Grid]......
- Epidemiology and Prognosis of Retroplacental Hematoma in a Maternity Ward at a Regional Hospital Center in Southern Senegal
Objectives: To study the epidemiological profile and the prognosis of theretro-placental hematoma (HRP) at the maternity ward at Kolda Regional HospitalCenter. Materials and methods: This was a retros [Retro-Placental Hematoma,Mortality,Kolda]......
- Role of sedimentation in continental rifting from comparing two narrow rift valleys the Salton Trough and Death Valley-California
To unravel the forces and better understand the processes that drive continental rifting, and to understand the role of sedimentation in promoting the rifting process, we compare; the different geolog [Crustal Models,Data Incorporation,Magmatic Underplating,Narrow Rifts]......
- Marine litter at (Al-Ghandoor area) the most northern part of the Jordanian coast of the Gulf of Aqaba, Red Sea
Composition and abundance of submerged marine litter at one selected site within a coral reef area along the Jordanian coast of the Gulf of Aqaba has been estimated. The litter was collected in a clea [Marine Debris,Marine Litter,Gulf of Aqaba,Clean Up Dive]......
- Analysis of macro and micro nutrients in some Indian medicinal herbs grown in Jaunpur (up) soil
Concept of trace elements being “the Inorganic Switches” has evolved during the last several decades. Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medicinal system also emphasises the importance of minor and trac [Sample Used as Health Promoter and Fever,Medicinal Herbs in Jaunpur]......
- Stratospheric “wave hole” and interannual variations of the stratospheric circulation in late winter
Using the monthly mean NCEP dataset, the analysis of the upward and downward propagation of planetary waves was conducted by means of the three-dimensional Eliassen-Palm (EP) fluxes in the stratospher [Stratosphere,Planetary Wave Fluxes]......