An Appraisal of Electoral Malpractice and Violence as an Albatross in Nigerian’s Democratic Consolidation
Election offences manifest in all forms of malpractices such as rigging, thuggery, vote buying, often times culminating in violence. These offences had remained an albatross in the Nigerian electoral journeys from the colonial period through the first republic in 1960 till 1999 when Nigerians started witnessing an untruncated democratic journey in her electoral history. Nigeria’s elections have always been marred by electoral malpractices and violence thereby shortchanging the citizens’ will and mandate expressed during elections. The general aim of this paper is to evaluate the impact of electoral violence and malpractices on the outcome of elections in Nigeria while the specific objective is to determine the solutions to this malaise for a better democracy based on popular elections in the country. The paper adopts a theoretical, doctrinal and conceptual method of research and utilizes Nigeria’s electoral laws, court decisions, as well as legislations criminalizing electoral malpract......
【作者名称】: Amaramiro A. Steve
, Matthew Enya Nwocha
, Igwe Onyebuchi Igwe
【关 键 词】: Election
, Violence and Consolidation
【上篇论文】: 外军国防科技报告 - The Proposed Conceptual Framework to Understand the Effect of the Technology Organization Environment (TOE) Model on Internet Financial Reporting (IFR) in Libyan Financial Institutions
【下篇论文】: 外军国防科技报告 - Metal Uptake by Plants from Soil Contaminated by Thin-Film Solar Panel Material
- Evaluating the Accuracy of Valuation Multiples on Indian Firms Using Regularization Techniques of Penalized Regression
This research study is conducted on companies in threeprominent sectors: Automobile, Banking and Steel—all threediverse and affected by different economic, fiscal and financial policies. Theauthor Gup [Valuations,Prediction,Earnings,Book Value,Enterprise Value,Ridge,Lasso,Elastic Net]......
- Cloning and Expression Analysis of TTG1 Gene Related to Rosa rugosa Trichomes Formation
The TTG1 transcription factor plays an important role in the formation of plant trichomes. Based on the R. rugosa transcriptome data, this study cloned a R. rugosa TTG1 gene, named RrTTG1, and carried [<,i>,R. rugosa<,/i>,Trichome,<,i>,RrTTG<,/i>,1,Gene Expression]......
- The Effect of Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 Infection on Low Birth Weight, Mother to Child HIV Transmission and Infants’ Death in African Area
Background: It is yet a controversy subject whether low birth weight and infantdeath are associated to human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection. Objective: To appreciate association between low birth [Low Birth Weight,Human Immunodeficiency Virus,Infection,Mother to Child Transmission,Newborn Death,Mali]......
- Homer’s Feasibility Analysis of a Hybrid System with a Grid Connection Option for the Mauritanian Northern Coast
On Mauritania’s northern coast, wind and solar resources are abundant and must be used effectively. These resources have the potential to completely or partially replace the existing or projected dies [Homer,Feasibility Analysis,Hybrid System,Wind,Solar,Grid]......
- Epidemiology and Prognosis of Retroplacental Hematoma in a Maternity Ward at a Regional Hospital Center in Southern Senegal
Objectives: To study the epidemiological profile and the prognosis of theretro-placental hematoma (HRP) at the maternity ward at Kolda Regional HospitalCenter. Materials and methods: This was a retros [Retro-Placental Hematoma,Mortality,Kolda]......
- Role of sedimentation in continental rifting from comparing two narrow rift valleys the Salton Trough and Death Valley-California
To unravel the forces and better understand the processes that drive continental rifting, and to understand the role of sedimentation in promoting the rifting process, we compare; the different geolog [Crustal Models,Data Incorporation,Magmatic Underplating,Narrow Rifts]......
- Marine litter at (Al-Ghandoor area) the most northern part of the Jordanian coast of the Gulf of Aqaba, Red Sea
Composition and abundance of submerged marine litter at one selected site within a coral reef area along the Jordanian coast of the Gulf of Aqaba has been estimated. The litter was collected in a clea [Marine Debris,Marine Litter,Gulf of Aqaba,Clean Up Dive]......
- Analysis of macro and micro nutrients in some Indian medicinal herbs grown in Jaunpur (up) soil
Concept of trace elements being “the Inorganic Switches” has evolved during the last several decades. Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medicinal system also emphasises the importance of minor and trac [Sample Used as Health Promoter and Fever,Medicinal Herbs in Jaunpur]......
- Stratospheric “wave hole” and interannual variations of the stratospheric circulation in late winter
Using the monthly mean NCEP dataset, the analysis of the upward and downward propagation of planetary waves was conducted by means of the three-dimensional Eliassen-Palm (EP) fluxes in the stratospher [Stratosphere,Planetary Wave Fluxes]......